PROCEDURES & POLICIES
1--You must always use jack stands when working under a car..
2--You cannot change your class,but you may ask,or be asked, to be moved to a different "group" to race with,in a heat or feature. This may be due to a performance standpoint, a car count issue, or to help even out the number of cars in a heat or feature. If a car (or cars) runs in a group other than its class group, its finish will be considered AS AFTER any cars in his regular class group. Points will be awarded accordingly. No--more--no less.
3--Any dues paid during Oct.-Nov.- Dec. will include the following year..
4--Only licensed drivers will be allowed to operate 4 wheelers and golf carts in the pits..
5--Suspensions or probations will be determined by a vote of the Bd. of directors, at the track, or during a meeting..
6--When the SVS sch. is set, no additional point’s races may be added . In case of cancellation, a replacement point’s race may be added ..An effort will be made to book on the same date, but may be another date and/or another track, and /or another surface..
7--Any class requiring a full face helmet, will require a Dr. excuse and a DAARA disclaimer to be exempt from this rule..
8--Falsifying any DAARA form, may result in any penalty voted on by the Bd. at the track, or during a meeting..
9--Duplicate numbers in the same class will require an initial behind the number on the entry and on the car..Member being in DAARA the longest time has first choice, and if there is only one more car with the same number that member does not need an initial..
10--Each car at a SVS series race will be allowed 2 pit passes total. If you wish to sign in with someone, you must get permission first, each event..
11--Feature winner in each class of the previous SVS race must start at the rear of the heat and feature of the following event..
12--Members who have not driven at a DAARA event will meet with 2 DAARA Bd. members, prior to driving in any race. New drivers will then start at the rear of the heat and feature of that event..
13..The DAARA Bd. will select a Grand Marshal for each National event. The Grand Marshal shall be someone who has contributed to the successes of DAARA in some way. The Grand Marshal may be retired from driving or being active in DAARA in some way..
DAARA SAFETY RULES
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of exhibtion events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator, or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any future restrictions that in his/her opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRRENTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
1..BODY AND CHASSIS OF ALL CARS MUST BE REPRESENTATIVE OF A CAR 30 YEARS OR OLDER..NO STREET STOCK TYPE, NO BOMBER TYPE, AND NO DEFUNCT CLASSIC CLASS CARS..ANY CAR OF ANY CLASS MAY BE REJECTED BY THE BOARD IF THE BOARD DECIDES IT DOESN'T "FIT THE SPIRIT OF THE RULES."(revised 5/1/2009)
2..ROLL BARS ALLOWED ON OPEN CARS IF OF SAFE, ADEQUATE CONSTRUCTION. CAGED OPEN CARS ARE ALLOWED. ALL STOCK CARS REQUIRE FULL ROLL CAGES.
3..MAGNAFLUXING BE PROVIDED FOR STRESSED FRONT END PARTS, STEERING, WELDING, AND OTHER VITAL PARTS WHEN RESTORING A CAR OR AFTER AN ACCIDENT AND EVERY 36 MONTHS THEREAFTER. STRONGLY RECOMMENDED FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY.
4..ALL CARS MUST HAVE EASILY ACCESSIBLE KILL SWITCHES OR BUTTON AND SHUT-OFF VALVES. TOGGLE SWITCHES AND VALVES MUST BE CLEARLY MARKED "ON AND "OFF"". FLUORESCENT TAPE AROUND FUEL VALVE.
5..ALL RACE CARS (EXCLUDING SPEEDSTERS) MUST HAVE SAFETY HUBS ON THE REAR ADEQUATE TO PREVENT THE LOSS OF WHEEL IF THE AXLE BREAKS..
6..HELMETS IN ALL CLASSES SHALL BE SNELL APPROVED..ALL HELMETS MUST BE IN GOOD CONDITION OF 10 YEARS OR LESS. ONLY SNELL RATED SA 2005 OR NEWER..NO “M”, “K”, OR DOT HELMETS WILL BE ALLOWED..SPRINT AND MIDGET DRIVERS MUST WEAR APPROVED FULL FACED HELMETS..GOGGLES OR FACE SHIELDS FOR ALL CARS WITHOUT WINDSHIELDS ARE REQUIRED..FIRE RESISTANT GLOVES AND SHOES ARE REQUIRED..(EFFECTIVE 12/2012)
7..ALL CARS MUST BE DOUBLE (2) SPRINGS ON THROTTLE LINKAGE.
8..DRIVERS OF OPEN COCKPIT CARS, ARM RESTRAINTS ARE MANDATORY..ALL CARS MUST BE EQUIPPED WITH AN AIRCRAFT TYPE, OR CAMLOK SEAT BELT SYSTEM, WITH AN SFI RATING OF 16.1 OR HIGHER, OF 10 YEARS OR LESS, IN GOOD CONDITION..SEAT BELTS MUST BE SECURELY ATTACHED TO A CHASSIS COMPONENT..HANS DEVICE RECOMMENDED FOR MODIFIED OR STOCK CLASSES..(EFFECTIVE 12/2012)
9..BRAKES WILL BE CHECKED FOR PROPER OPERATION. ABSOLUTELY NO COPPER TUBING WILL BE USED FOR HYDRAULIC BRAKES.
10..STEERING WHEELS SHOULD BE SECURE AND STEERING MECHANISM IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION WITH NO BINDING IN GEAR MECHANISM.. REMOVABLE STEERING WHEELS ARE MANDATORY (EFFECTIVE 1/2010) EXCEPT SPEEDSTERS..
11..COOLING SYSTEMS WILL HAVE AN OVERFLOW CATCH TANK THAT CAN BE DRAINED AFTER A RUN. NO ANTIFREEZE TO BE USED ON ASPHALT TRACKS.
12..CARS WILL BE INSPECTED TO ENSURE ALL INSTALLLATIONS ARE SECURELY FASTENED WITH ADEQUATE HARDWARE AND IN A WORKMANLIKE MANNER, INCLUDING HOOD PINS, TRUNK LIDS AND BUMPERS FOR STOCK CARS.
13..ALL TIRES MUST BE IN GOOD CONDITION WITH ADEQUATE "LIVE" RUBBER.
14..GAS TANKS AND BATTERIES MUST BE SECURELY STRAPPED AND/OR BOLTED TO THE FRAME. (FUEL CELLS ARE STRONGLY RECOMMENDED FOR STOCK CARS).
15..ALL CARS SHOULD HAVE REAR PUSH BUMPERS.
16..EACH OPEN WHEEL CAR MUST HAVE A FIRE EXTINGUISHER IN THE PITS. RECOMMEND THEM IN THE CAR. IT IS MANDATORY THAT STOCK CARS HAVE ONE IN THE CAR AND IS IN AN ACCESSIBLE LOCATION.
17..IT IS MANDATORY, UNLESS THE FRAME IS DESIGNED TO ACT AS A SKID BAR, TO INSTALL SKID BARS ON RIGHT SIDE FRONT AXEL ON ALL OPEN WHEEL VEHICLES..SAFETY CHAINS OR CABLE ARE REQUIRED ON ALL OPEN TUBE REAR AXEL CARS..ATTACH SAFETY CHAINS OR CABLE TO FRAME AND FRONT END OF REAR RADIUS RODS..STOCK CARS ARE EXEMPT..
18..CARS THAT RUN ON ALCOHOL MUST HAVE THE LETTER "A" CLEARLY VISIBLE ON THE REAR OF THE CAR.
19..MAXIMUM TIRE WIDTH RULE: 10" TIRE FOR MIDGETS, 15" TIRE ON STOCK CARS & MODIFIEDS, AND 18" TIRE ON BIG CARS, NON-CAGED & CAGED SPRINTS..TIRE SIZE MUST BE LEGIBLE ON ALL TIRES OR TIRE IS ILLEGAL..(Effective 12/11/2010)
20..NO DOWN TUBE OR WINGED MIDGETS OR SPRINT CARS.
21..TO DRIVE AT A DAARA EVENT YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OLD AND A LICENSED DRIVER AND A DAARA MEMBER..(Effective 8/22/2009)
22..AT THE BEGINNING OF EACH DAY(US VINTAGE OVAL TRACK NATIONALS) DRIVERS MEETING WE WILL PASS OUT STICKERS FOR THE COLOR OF THAT DAY TO EACH DRIVER WHO ATTENDED THE MEETING..EVERYBODY WILL LINE UP IN A SINGLE FILE AND SOMEBODY WILL PASS OUT THE STICKERS ONE AT A TIME TO EACH DRIVER AND HE WILL PLACE IT ON THE VISOR OR HELMET ABOVE THE LEFT EYE SO IT IS VISIBLE TO THE PIT STEWARD BEFORE GOING OUT ONTO THE TRACK..IF HE DOES NOT HAVE A STICKER HE MUST SEE HIS GROUP LEADER AND CATCH UP ON WHAT HE MISSED AT THE DRIVERS MEETING BEFORE HE GOES OUT ONTO THE TRACK..WHETHER THAT IS ONE SESSION, TWO, OR THREE HOWEVER HE DOES NOT GO OUT ON TRACK UNTIL HE HAS THAT STICKER AND HE DOES NOT GET THAT STICKER FROM ANYBODY BUT HIS GROUP LEADER..(Effective 8/22/2009)
23..HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR ALL STOCK DIVISIONS IS A MIRROR IN CENTER OF THE CAR THAT IS CAPABLE OF SEEING BEHIND YOU..ALSO ONE THAT IS MOUNTED ON THE LEFT SIDE THAT WILL BE ABLE TO PICK UP THE LEFT SIDE MOTION..
NEW--24..INSTALL WINDOW NETS IN ANY CAR THAT YOU CAN CAN REACH OUT THE WINDOW FROM THE SEAT..IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT CENTER STEER CARS WEAR ARM RESTRAINTS IF THEIR ARMS CAN REACH OUT THE WINDOW OPENING..(IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED THAT EVERYONE COMPLY WITH THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AS IT WILL BECOME MANDATORY AT THE TRACKS..AT THAT TIME IF YOU DO NOT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPETE)(5/15/2012)
(1) Car owner and drivers must be current DAARA members.
(2) All DAARA safety rules will be in effect.
(3) Full season starts March 1 and ends October 31.
(4) DAARA board of directors may add or subtract races any time during the season.
(5) Races may be on asphalt or dirt.
(6) "Attending" a race means the car reached the entrance gate of the track on race day. All appropriate points will be awarded in case of a rain out on race day.
(7) Points are awarded to the car according to DAARA class and number. Car owner may use a substitute car as long as it is in the same class and carries the same number. If not, it is considered a different entry.
(8) Drivers may accumulate car owner points in more than one car or class.
(9) To accumulate points for a race, the car must make it onto the track "under power" when that class is forming on the track.
(10) DARRA official will designate pole position car for heat races. All others fall in where they wish.
(11) Feature line up will be inverted start as per total points before present event. Any car may choose to tag the rear of the pack instead of its assigned spot. Notify official if you want to start in the back of the field.
(12) Points accumulated for event and total points will be posted on DAARA website within two weeks after last event.
(13) DAARA officials present will make any final decisions.
(14) To drive at a DAARA event you must be 18 years old and a licensed driver and a DAARA member..(Effective 8/22/2009)
(15) If you miss a drivers meeting at a SVS series race that you were at the track will forfeit the chance to run in the heat and if you do it a second time in the season your points will be suspended for the last feature..(Effective 8/22/2009)
(16) Highly recommended for all stock divisions is a mirror in center of the car that is capable of seeing behind you..Also one that is mounted on the left side that will be able to pick up the left side motion..
At any DAARA event the word "racing" always means "exhibition racing"---not all out racing.
Many event procedures are covered in the "rules". Read them first.
Car entry and 1 pit passes are free. All others pay std. track pit pass price.
Track may designate where DAARA cars can park.
Saving pit spots is allowed.
One pit spot per entry.
Track schedule will be posted on the presiding DAARA officer’s trailer --as soon as the track makes it available.
Track drivers meeting is mandatory.
DAARA drivers meeting is mandatory---will be at same location as track meeting, immediately after track meeting.
Full safety gear MUST be worn when push starting any car, in a SAFE PART of the pits, or on the track.
10 mph pit speed limit for ANY vehicle, except push starting.
Classes will be;
Flathead midgets------Overhead midgets----(run together)
Flathead & Inline 6 cyl. stock cars------V6 & V8 stock cars------Modifieds------May run together, or split, depending on car count and time constraints.
Non-Caged sprints-----Caged sprints-------May run together, or separate, or non caged sprints with midgets depending on car count.
Super Modifieds or Speedsters------will run separate-----will run warm ups------and events decided by car count and time constraints.
No money will be awarded in any class. Trophies May be awarded to class feature winners or overall feature winners, decided by track promoter. Nationals)
You must turn in your entry form, completed and signed ASAP-- -BEFORE entering the track surface.
Lineup will be determined at the event. BE READY WHEN YOUR CLASS IS UP.
Assigned pole car will hold up clinched fist, to show others.
Try to get pole car out early, so others can join in.
ALWAYS COME AROUND the track to "catch up" to the pole car.
Pole car sets the pace.
Stay in your lane, except when passing. Do not use "all the Lanes".
LOW is SLOW-------except when track does not allow.
If you have trouble and must stop, do so ON THE INSIDE only. Do NOT go high and exit the track.
Any issues or problems will be handled by the DAARA officers PRESENT.
1.Car must conform to all DAARA safety rules and procedures..
2.Car must conform to 30 year old requirements..
3.Car must conform to "sprint car" tire rules..Maximum tire width 18"..
4.Car may or may not run a wing or wings..
5.Car may have radical chassis offset..
6.Car may have radical engine offset..
7.Car may have radical suspension..
8."Skeeter" type cars will run in this class..
“The primary objective of the sport of Vintage and Historic Automobile Racing is to promote the preservation of these cars in a racing format, which emphasizes driver safety and etiquette. The sport is intended to provide a format for friendly wheel-to-wheel competition with vehicles prepared faithfully to their era. All racing is dangerous and only the proper attitude of the driver and the careful preparation of the cars will diminish the danger and enhance our appreciation of the sport.”
Race Car Safety Guidelines for Speedsters:
1. Lap belts with arm restraints are mandatory. It is recommended that faster Speedsters with roll bars be equipped with five-point seat belts.
2. Roll bars are not mandatory but are suggested in the faster cars. Bumpers and Nerf Bars are not required.
3. All Speedsters with a foot throttle must have two return springs on the carburetor/carburetors. Model T hand throttles must be in good condition.
4. All Speedsters must have working rear brakes. Faster Speedsters should have four-wheel brakes. It is also suggested that that they have a working hand brake.
5. All Speedster must have an emergency engine and fuel system cutoff switch clearly marked ‘ON/OFF’ located in an appropriate place.
6. Tires should be in good condition and suitable for speeds attained.
7. Only water in may be used in the cooling system-no anti-freeze with overflow catch container. (Not required on dirt tracks)
8. Every car must carry a working fire extinguisher securely fastened inside the cockpit area. The extinguisher must be a Halon 1301 or 1211, or dry chemical 1-10-A-BC type, minimum 2 pound, with a charge indicator.
9. All Speedster are subject to trackside technical inspection by the race steward.
10. Fuel cells are not required.
11. Most safety improvements like hydraulic brakes are Ok. If you have a question contact the D.A.A.R.A. technical director.
12. It is recommended that legible numbers at least 8” high be placed on both sides of your Speedster for identification. D.A.A.R.A. may issue reserved numbers for members. The D.A.A.R.A. Board of Directors may change or alter these rules at any time.
START HEAT RACE--2
BALANCE OF FEATURE CARS--1